Before becoming a successful college football player, Jaleel Awini showed his athletic prowess at Rangeview High School as a four-sport athlete. Along with participating in football, basketball, and track, he was a star player on the baseball team. Baseball is a game that requires both physical and mental strength and requires both talent and effort to succeed.
Here are things you can do to improve your skills and make yourself a valuable part of your team.
- In order to succeed at anything, you have to have a passion for it. Dedicate yourself to the game by watching baseball, reading about it, and playing it. This will give you the drive needed to keep going and improve your game.
- Spend time every day practicing. Participate in team and solo drills and always be working on something that will help you to improve your skills.
- Utilize a batting tee to help you with your swing. Practicing off a tee on a regular basis will help you to perfect your swing.
- Strength training is an important aspect of any sport. When you incorporate a consistent strength-training routine with your practice, you’ll improve your endurance and the power and velocity of your hits.
- Avoid staying on a team just because you are the most experienced player. Take the opportunity to join a team where you are less experienced. This will allow you to learn and improve your skills much faster.
As a baseball player, your development is never finished. Continually working on your skills will help you improve your game and become a better player. Jaleel Awini is a former college football player who enjoyed playing baseball in high school.