Before becoming a successful college football player, Jaleel Awini showed his athletic prowess at Rangeview High School as a four-sport athlete. Along with participating in football, basketball, and track, he was a star player on the baseball team. Baseball is a game that requires both physical and mental strength and requires both talent and effort to succeed.
Here are things you can do to improve your skills and make yourself a valuable part of your team.
- In order to succeed at anything, you have to have a passion for it. Dedicate yourself to the game by watching baseball, reading about it, and playing it. This will give you the drive needed to keep going and improve your game.
- Spend time every day practicing. Participate in team and solo drills and always be working on something that will help you to improve your skills.
- Utilize a batting tee to help you with your swing. Practicing off a tee on a regular basis will help you to perfect your swing.
- Strength training is an important aspect of any sport. When you incorporate a consistent strength-training routine with your practice, you’ll improve your endurance and the power and velocity of your hits.
- Avoid staying on a team just because you are the most experienced player. Take the opportunity to join a team where you are less experienced. This will allow you to learn and improve your skills much faster.
As a baseball player, your development is never finished. Continually working on your skills will help you improve your game and become a better player. Jaleel Awini is a former college football player who enjoyed playing baseball in high school.
Like many high school athletes, Jaleel Awini dreamt of playing sports in college. With a lot of hard work and dedication, he was awarded an athletic scholarship to play football at the Air Force Academy. Not all high school athletes are lucky enough to continue playing sports at the collegiate level. If fact, less than ten percent of all high school athletes actually go on to play in college. Here are some things you can do to improve your chances of landing a spot on your college’s team.
- Take the right classes starting your freshman year. The National College Athletic Association, NCAA, has numerous eligibility standards that must be met if you want to play college sports.
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to validate your amateur athlete status. It is a relatively pain-free process, but crucial if you want to play at the collegiate level.
- Create your lists. You should compile three lists; one that contains your dream schools, one that has schools you could realistically get into, and a list of your fallback schools. There should be no more than twelve to fifteen schools listed to help you focus your search.
- One of the most important ways to attract the attention of college coaches is to create a recruiting video. It should contain fifteen to twenty-five highlight plays that show off your ability.
Playing college athletics is every high school athletes dream. Jaleel Awini got to realize that dream when the Air Force Academy recruited him to join their team as the quarterback.